EKN Trackside: SKUSA SuperNationals XVII – Paddock Insider – Thursday

Rain welcomes competitors for second day of practice

SKUSASuperNatsXVII-PI-Thur

EKN’s Paddock Insider brings you notes, updates and breaking news as it happens. The article will be a timeline of events as they happen during the Superkarts! USA SuperNationals XVII in Las Vegas, Nevada. The information will not be seen anywhere else, including notes, interviews and photos. For complete coverage of the SKUSA SuperNationals XVII, visit the EKN Event PagePlease feel free to comment and discuss our coverage and today’s action in the EKN Global Members Discussion area below:


The new 'gold' of the west is MG rain tires

The new ‘gold’ of the west is MG rain tires

Got Wets?
The SuperNationals paddock was presented with an interesting problem this morning when the drivers and teams were hit with rain and a wet racetrack.  Now, at any other event or time of year, drivers would be prepared for such a situation.  But for some reason, a large number of the drivers in the pit area have found themselves without rains and the scramble has begun.  SKUSA delivered rains for those who pre-ordered them, but UPS has been on speed dial as a nationwide search has turned up many sets of MG rains, which are now being over-nighted to the Rio.  The weather forecast is predicting a 40% chance of rain tomorrow and an 80% chance on Saturday, so we’re going to see some wet weather racing at this year’s event.  The percentage drops to just 20% on SuperSunday, so there is sunlight at the end of the tunnel.

One thought on “EKN Trackside: SKUSA SuperNationals XVII – Paddock Insider – Thursday

  1. What a year, we have the Rotax World Finals down in the Louisiana swamps with almost perfect weather and now SuperNats in the desert and it’s raining……….go figure!

    It just goes to show there is good and bad weather everywhere.

EKN Global Members Discussion: